What are the future dates?
- The event takes place on December 3, 2017. This race will always be the first Sunday of December moving forward. The 5K and 10K races start at 8:00am and the Kid’s Mile starts at 10:30am.
Where can I find a map of the course?
- Course maps are posted on the website under the Race Details tab.
Do you limit the number of runners in each race?
- Each event (10k, 5k, and kids race) will have a cap that will allow adequate safety for all our participants given the course. The 10k is capped at 2,800 runners, the 5k is capped at 4,100 runners, and the kids race is capped at 1,000 runners.
Will you have pacers?
- This event will not have pace groups but the starting corrals will be assigned based on pace.
Can I have cell phones, friends, strollers, dogs on the course?
- We encourage you to invite friends and family to cheer you on along the course, but they are only allowed to run with you if they are registered runners. Per USA Track & Field rules, elements that could impede the safety of runners, such as bikes, strollers and pets on the course, are not allowed. The safety of our runners is our number one priority. By signing or clicking ’I Accept’ on any Tiger 10K registration race waiver, you are agreeing to abide by the Rules of Competition.
Can I wear headphones?
- Participants will be able to use listening devices during the running of the race but they do so at their own risk. Runner safety is, and will continue to be, the priority for all of our events. To ensure a safe and enjoyable race for everyone, we ask that you please be mindful of the other participants and race personnel.
- You MUST be aware of your surroundings at all times and this includes being able to hear any verbal warnings/instructions from police/course officials or the sound of any vehicles and other participants on the course. The abuse of portable headphone devices can result in disqualification. Abuse refers to being so distracted that you become a hazard to your fellow participants, spectators, course marshals, finish line officials, medical personnel, other race officials, police personnel or vehicle traffic.
- Your cooperation is greatly appreciated. We must constantly consider the safety of all our participants, volunteers and spectators and review this rule as well as others in order to ensure the continued safety of our participants.
Can I switch races?
- Transfers of events will be allowed if the events are not sold out until November 21, 2017 for an additional administrative fee. Transfers can be executed through the registration website.
What if I lose something the day of the race?
- Lost & Found is located at Gear Check at the post event area on race day. After race weekend, please contact email@example.com to claim items. Clothing items left in the start areas and along the course are immediately donated to charity.
When does registration open?
- Registration opens for the 2017 event on August 28 at 12pm CDT.
I am injured, pregnant, have a family emergency or unexpectedly out of town, can I get a refund?
- Entry fees are non-refundable and entries are non-transferable. This means once you have registered, you will not receive a refund if you cannot participate, and you may not give or sell your number to anyone else. Being caught doing so can result in a ban from future events. Exceptions will be made if you are on active military duty and you get deployed. You can send us a copy of your orders, and we will refund your entry fee.
Can I defer my entry to 2018?
- Deferrals are permitted until November 21, 2017 for an additional administrative fee. Deferrals can be executed through the registration website.
Will there be a race day packet-pickup?
- Runners will be allowed to pickup packets on race morning, however we suggest doing it before the race to avoid long lines and chaos on race day.
Can I give/sell my number to another runner?
- Entries are non-transferable. This is for the safety of the runner as well as necessary to satisfy insurance requirements of the event. If a runner collapses or is otherwise injured during the race and is running as someone else, we would not have emergency information available for them. This could result in further injury. In addition, this would be unfair to all of the people who tried to get in legitimately and could not.
Why haven’t I received an email confirmation?
- Check your spam filter. That is usually the problem. Please make sure that the domains @tiger10k.com and @getmeregistered.com are on your “allowed senders” list so that your spam filter will not block your confirmation email or any other important notifications.
How can I see if I’m registered?
- Registration status can be checked and verified through the registration website.
Where does my registration fee go?
- Your registration fee helps to pay for the necessary permits, infrastructure, staffing, insurance, police, awards, SWAG, supplies, bibs, medals, shirts, and chip timing to produce all marathon-related events. Portions of every registration fee is directed to LSU Life Skills Program (http://acsa.lsu.edu/sports/2013/12/9/SOLS%20Logo.aspx?path=lifeskills)
PRIZES & AWARDS
Will I receive a medal if I place in my age group?
- In addition to finisher medals awarded for each finisher in each race, there will be specific overall, masters, grand masters, and age group awards for all races except the Kids Race.
- The top three finishers in the 10k and 5K will receive awards in the following categories:
- Overall Male and Female
- Masters (40+) male and female
- Grand Masters (50+) male and female
- Age groups, male and female
When is packet pick-up?
- Friday December 1, 2017 2pm – 7pm at the LSU Soccer Complex and Saturday December 2, 2017 10am-5pm at the South End Zone of Tiger Stadium.
What do I need to bring with me to pick up my packet?
- Every participant in the race and kids race will receive a confirmation email the week of the race. Please bring either that email or your original confirmation email and your photo ID to the Expo to pick up your packet. Don’t forget to add @getmeregistered.com to your approved senders so that you do not this important email in your spam filter.
Can I authorize another person to pick up my race packet?
- If you are unable to get your packet, a friend can pick up your packet with a copy of your photo ID or a copy of your registration confirmation. Digital copies (your cell phone screen) are allowed. Your friend will sign a form stating your race packet was picked up and then be directed to the proper pick up area. Please remember they can only do this at the Expo.
Where can I park at packet pick-up?
Do I need to purchase a timing chip?
- No, we will be using disposable chips that are part of your bib.
How do I make sure I have the right chip?
- Your chip number will coincide with your bib number and will be attached to your bib.
Official time – gun time or chip time?
- Per USA Track & Field rules, your official time is from the starting mats until you cross the finish timing mats. Chip time or net time is provided as a service to you, and is accepted by many races, including the Boston Marathon, as a qualifying time. Only the top two male/female finishers of each race will be judged on gun time to determine the winner.
Where do I send my chip if I still have it after the race?
- This is a single-use chip and is good for this event only. The chip will NOT be collected in the finish area. You may keep the chip as a souvenir or deposit it in trash bins in the finish area.
Is there a place to drop bags at the start line?
- Gear check will not be offered for this event.
Where should I park on Race Day?
- Parking instructions will be provided in pre-race informational emails and via the race web page when available. There is ample parking convenient to Tiger Stadium.
START & FINISH
Where does the race start and finish?
- The race starts on S. Stadium Dr near the South End Zone side of Tiger Stadium. The event finishes on the 50-yard line of Tiger Stadium
Will there be corrals?
- There will be assigned start corrals according to running pace; you must start in your assigned corral.
How do I get my finisher items after the race?
- Finisher medals will be given out shortly after official finishers cross the finish line.
Where can I meet my family and friends after the race?
- The easiest way to find your family and friends after the race is to have a plan beforehand. The grounds at the Post Race party is the best location to meet up with a friend or family member after the race. You will find a map of the grounds in the Official Race Guide.
Will I be able to purchase race merchandise at Packet Pick up and on race day?
- Race merchandise will be available for purchase in the Post Race party area.
COURSE & RULES OF THE ROAD
What is the time limit for the event?
- City permits limit the race time to a 2.5 hour time limit from the last starting participant. The course will be closed at a 18 minute/mile pace. No race services including medical, aid stations or traffic control are available beyond this pace.
- Participants who do not maintain the cutoff pace may not be allowed into Tiger Stadium for the finish.
- Finishing the race means maintaining an average pace of 18 minute/mile. The race course is opened to traffic on a rolling schedule as participants make their way to the finish. In order to ensure safety, a Sweep Vehicle and Bus follows the race route to pick-up participants who are unable to maintain this pace on a consistent basis. Participants are required to board the Sweep Bus when so instructed by Race Officials. Course Marshals are instructed to retrieve bibs of all participants who refuse to board the bus when instructed to do so.
Why is there a time limit?
- In order to comply with city permits, streets crossing the route must be reopened to vehicular traffic on a set schedule.
What happens if my pace is slower than the allotted time?
- If you are caught by the Sweep Vehicle traveling at the 18 minute/mile pace, you MUST board the Sweep Bus accompanying this vehicle for transport to the finish area. For your safety, the Baton Rouge Police Department does not allow runners to continue once the course has been re-opened to traffic. Keep in mind that race services, including water stations and medical aid, will be discontinued once the Sweep Vehicle comes through. Finisher medals are only guaranteed to those finishing within the allotted time limit.
What is not allowed on the course?
- Many things are not allowed on the course. If you have a question about what is or is not allowed, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. For the safety of our runners the following is not allowed: going backward, runners not wearing a race number, animals, bicycles, baby joggers, strollers, roller skates, roller blades, hand-crank chairs, wheeled vehicles and push-rim wheelchairs.
- Receiving outside assistance of any kind is not allowed. Outside assistance consists of, but is not limited to: receiving fluids, gels, food or any personal items from someone not serving in an official race capacity; receiving pacing assistance from any person that is not a registered participant of the race.
- Abusive behavior or language directed toward any other participant, volunteer, police officer, or staff member is also not allowed.
- Any of these rules infractions can result in a time penalty or race disqualification. The discretion and final ruling resides with the Race Director.
Is there energy gel available on the course?
- There will be no gels provided during this event
What sports beverage will be on the course?
- Powerade will be available along the course.
How can I find out if a runner has finished?
- Spectators and participants will be directed to the timing tent for all timing related questions.
How can I find out if someone has dropped out of the race or is in the Medical Area?
- Check at the Family Medical Information Tent which will be located near the Finish Line, this is a secure runners-only area, but can be accessed from outside the finish chute.
What are the best places to watch the race?
- Spectator guide information will be made available as part of the official athlete guide as the race nears.
What time will the first runners be coming through my area?
- This information will be available in the Race Guide which will have details along the course. You will also be able to download a Race Guide.
Will my road be closed during the race?
- Road closure information will be disclosed when final course approval has been given.
KEEP IN TOUCH
For addition information or special requests, contact us at: email@example.com
For sponsorship information or inquires, contact Kevin Wagner at LSU Sports Properties: firstname.lastname@example.org or (225) 578-2788